andrew and the professors, page-2

1. 47,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi seer

I am one of those people whose assessment of Andrew Bolt's journalism and on air behaviour fell to new lows after I read through the full findings of the recent Supreme Court ruling against his articles.

Bolt's pathetic, teary call reported on television news to fellow journalists to support his fight for free speech nauseated me. Then I was confronted by his immediate front page of the Herald-Sun reply to the courts about how freedom of speech was under threat ... huhhhh, howzat?

IMO Andrew Bolt's appeal is the result of opportunistic, populist journalism that was exposed by the Supreme Court's judgement on those articles as containing factual errors, inadequate research and against the Racial Discrimination Act.

Add to that my revulsion by what I consider his rude on air practice of interjecting and talking over the top of other people - often, very quickly after just asking them a question.

If I was Tim Flannery I wouldn't even answer Andrew Bolt's phone calls, let alone appear on his program.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.