andrew bolt, re aust. response to corby trial, page-56

1. 8,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    It is time to look at it from an intelligent point of view, not the distorted "I wanna hate Indonesia because Schapelle Corby must be innocent" point of view.

I am quite certain alot of facts are unknown in this case. From Bolt's article it seems she was caught redhanded. Of course everybody believes Corby.
    Funny you call me a redneck because if Corby was black she would not get the same coverage. I am 100% certain of this.
    I am starting to believe she played the media to try to get free. She might very well be guilty but knew if she played innocent all of Australia would rally behind her. She sure got you wrapped around her finger. You are convinced she's innocent even though you cannot say at all.
    It also amuses me how Bakir and everybody else is certain she's innocent. How on earth would he know? Did he fly with her?
    Let's face it, the media coverage *helped* her. Without it she'd be in jail for life or facing the firing squad.
    If she's guilty she derserves everything that she's getting. 20 years, 30 years, life. whatever, don't care. If she tried to smuggle then suffer the consequences, no mercy. She knew the laws before going to Bali. Don't she dare try to pull the "my dog ate my homework" crap on anyone.
    Alot of facts we don't know, I am sure. Maybe the evidence was quite convincing against her, we can't say. Yet many are so quick to jump on the "Corby is innocent, Indonesia go to hell" bandwagon. And why? The racism just shines through. The western way of trying to change a country to adapt their way is starting to annoy me.
    And who are you, or anyone, to try to change Indonesian laws by pulling tsunami victims funds?
    They deserve more coverage and more help than Corby any day of the year.
    The media and the public has got it all twisted and it sickens me.

The laws in Indonesia and many other countries, even Australia, are flawed. But who are we to try and change they ways? They don't try to change Australia's ways.
    Hardly anybody cared about Indonesias laws before but then this poor, helpless, innocent, little girl called Corby gets caught and suddenly everybody tries to change the country.
    So many other aussies in overseas jails. They probably only got a footnote in the local newspaper. I really wonder if aussies would've cared so much if she got caught in another country than Indonesia. I doubt it. The rift between Indonesia and Australia is clearly showing. I got told about how the two countries don't like each other when first moving here and it really shows now.

I remember a case of an aussie getting caught in Singapore with drugs. There was some media coverage but just a few days and then forgotten. Thing is he was from an asian heritage. nobody really cared then, no rallies on the street, nobody threatened the embassy then. He should've been a young, white girl with big tits, would've been easier for him then.

get your act together and read between the lines.
    Unbelievable how gullible people are

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.