The Funeral Service for Andrew Chan has just concluded, and was...

1. 8,527 Posts.
    The Funeral Service for Andrew Chan has just concluded, and was available on Live Stream. Here is the site for anyone who wishes to view it - a re-watch facility on here.

I post this in a spirit of hope, that those who asked for mercy and forgiveness for these two men, and who still fight for such clemencies, eventually win the good fight. And ask, out of respect for the grieivng families, that this, my post, is NOT the start of any comment thread.  The funeral service for Myuran Sukamaran is to be held tomorrow. I am unsure of details.

No State Funerals, NO making them heroes, NO silly Scholarships they know nothing about - or would have wanted. This service, just full of love, and the deep griefs of all who stood by these men - for ten years. Or who knew them their whole lives. These men were not murderers. Yet they, in turn, were murdered.

NO one who supported this Mercy Campaign condones drug trafficking, one iota, nor do they proclaim these men the heroes their hate-filled, self-righteous detractors tell us we do. Most of what can be said - has been said - this morning, and hopefully enlightened and forgiving positive outcomes of faith and hope, for suffering others, will come out of this dignified service, these atrocious executions.

Andrew's wife, and brother, in particular, spoke off the cuff, passionately - amazingly brave speeches - just the same way Andrew, supporting his fellow prisoners, to the end, led them out to their individual crosses (yes, crosses!) - when each was murdered, yes, murdered, that fateful night.

May their Dear Souls rest in peace.  And may their families find some meaning and comfort.  Their dignity, and that of these condemned men, and their companions, in meeting their deaths, so bravely, will forever be remembered.

True Compassion is NOT dead, is what watching this service conveyed strongly , to me.

http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national-news/andrew-chan-funeral-livestream-6513388.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.