Andrew Chan, page-13

1. 2,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    My friend you need some help and advice. I doubt that you have seen the misery and damage caused by drug traffickers that I have during a long involvement in the justice system. A wife of one day and the many associates of this individual cannot be held up to us all as a reason to show entrenched drug dealers any compassion despite any claims they have been rehabilitated, usually for pragmatic legal reasons. Money and power controls these individuals and in my experience they are rarely if ever rehabilitated.
    I have real sympathy for their families but none for the dealers I am sorry to say. As for the Indonesian system and their public relations effort they should be ashamed of themselves and our travelling public should be very cautious of their travel to that country given the openly corrupt nature of their police and others who benefit greatly from drug related activity. There is a double standard being applied that most Aussie travellers are blind to because of the low cost holidays available despite the risks and huge cost to those who get caught up sometimes quite innocently. I despair when I contemplate the risks to our young who visit this very
    attractive and so called friendly destination full of all sorts of traps that could be fatal.
    Just my experience cause this rant and ignore if you wish but yet again be warned.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.