AVR 1.29% $18.31 anteris technologies ltd

A couple of weeks ago Andrew Forest announced the purchase of...

1. 124 Posts.
    A couple of weeks ago Andrew Forest announced the purchase of Harvey Beef. I overlooked the significance until I was just thinking about production ramping up over the next few years to hopefully 100,000 patches and more. Where will all of that bovine pericardium come from?. Harvey Beef I presume.

When you have people like Andrew Forrest splashing out
    $30M to buy W.A's largest beef producer to secure the supply of patch material you know AHZ is going places. Might also have something to do with the CR.

Full article from ABC. (Mon 5th May 2014)

Andrew Forrest's Minderoo Group has acquired Harvey Beef, Western Australia's largest processor of beef for local and international markets.

Harvey Beef is the only beef exporter in Western Australia accredited to export to China.

Established in 1919 by Ernest Green, Harvey Beef is one of WA's most iconic and best-known brands.

Harvey Beef exports to about 30 countries and major destinations including China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan, the Middle East and the United States.

Minderoo will further invest in upgrading the Harvey Beef facilities to increase capacity to meet growing domestic and international demand for both grass and grain-fed beef.

Andrew Forrest says, "following detailed discussions with the Chinese leadership, we are determined to ensure that the Australian agricultural industry's future in China, is just as bright as Fortescue Metals' mining future."

Grant Vernon, the Minderoo Groups chief operating officer says, "Harvey Beef has been supplying Coles with beef since 2012 and we see tremendous potential for growth in both domestic and international beef markets.

Bridgetown beef producer Mike Introvigne believes WA beef producers will welcome the takeover.

"The fact that Andrew Forrest is involved, he's a bloke that gets things done. I don't think Harvey Beef have been doing enough.

"It's a company that's been driven more by just making a profit, not trying to take the industry forward.

"I think the fact that we've got someone keen to get things moving, will bring far greater competition to the market place and that can only be good for WA producers."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.31
Change
-0.240(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $351.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.80 $19.15 $18.20 $159.7K 8.611K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 73 $18.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.33 90 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.