Andrews Announces Today, page-48

1. 35,416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Yes, I am in Victoria.

I fully support the idea of waiting two days. Obviously we can't keep doing this but the reasons for this delay are pretty solid imo.
    If you bother to listen to the medical experts about the circumstances of the latest outbreak, you will understand it makes perfect sense to confirm that it is contained.

We have been under restrictions from the 8th of July when we started the six week stage 3 lockdown.

That's around 3 months where we have got the infections down from 700+ and increasing with deaths in the teens to zero cases and zero deaths today.

I reckon it is absolutely worth waiting the 48 hours to make sure we've got this under control. No one wants to go back to restrictions again. We had a taste of that earlier in the year and it is crushing to have to go back into a lockdown.
    Not being able to go more than 5 ks is terrible. And that's for a normal person with a job and no personal health issues etc. I can only imagine how bad it is for others with different circumstances.

I can't stress how important it is for us to get this right and not go into another lockdown. Not only would that be devasting for all the obvious reasons, I fear that Victorians might struggle to continue to do the right thing and Covid will be let off the chain permanently.

So, it now appears we have no new cases and the rolling average is now well under 5. I expect we will get some really good news late on today.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.