Andrews day of reckoning is upon him, page-65

1. 2,497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    https://vic.liberal.org.au/ had a small bundle -
    capping state debt, shelving the $35 billion Cheltenham to Box Hill rail tunnel,

Well - to quote a Liberals or two...

" Redbridge political pollster and former Liberal strategist Tony Barry did not hold back on his appraisal of the result."The Liberal partyroom is beginning to look a little bit like Jonestown," he said.

"And I suspect we'll keep on drinking the Kool aid next term as well."He said the party had "gone backwards in an election environment where we should have picked up at least 10 seats on a bad night".He said the party had suffered brand damage with cohorts such as young professional women.

"I notice in the seats that have got a concentration of Asian voters — Box Hill, Ashwood, Glen Waverley — this is the killing fields for us."It's a disastrous result.

"There needs to be a lot of soul-searching in the party."

Shadow treasurer David Davis agreed the campaign had failed to reach some communities."I think headquarters was not good with multicultural communities ... I think that that is one factor through some of those seats that we've got to really focus on," he said.He said the party needed to look "from the base all the way through" to the campaign strategy."I think we're going to need to rebuild on a number of fronts," he said.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.