Andrews Endgame In Sight

1. 11,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1256
    The endgame for Daniel Andrews has become much clearer over the last 72 hours. Today will be a telling day as Jobs Minister Martin Pakula fronts a Vic parliamentary committee.

Regular ABC-TV Breakfast commentator Mary Ann McLaws, a noted Sydney based epidemiologist said Victorians should expect a lot more deaths and noted that the death rate in older Covid-19 patients was about 1 in 4. Given that there are Currently over a thousand infected patients that are elderly and given that the current Victorian death toll is around 200 we can expect to see a Victorian death toll of 500 or more.

The Victorian death toll will be in stark contrast to every other state and territory.

Given the nature of the evidence given by Daniel Andrews yesterday to the Vic parliamentary committee which was refuted almost immediately by Defence Minister Linda Reynolds it is hard to see how Andrews can do anything else other than resign. As Andrews himself has said I am the Captain and the buck stops with me.

How else can a bungled hotel quarantine security operation that has lead to the vast majority of the 500 deaths forecasted above, not lead to the resignation of Andrews. I think the genomic sequencing report will be the final nail in the coffin.

The only question is when?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.