Andrews just re-created Victoria, page-58

1. 85,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    transport has and will change cities dramatically

they have had their day with cars I think - it's all over -

Paris is talking about going car free now - and, it's amazing to watch the scooters - I love watching them - they are so fast - yet, you just don't get the aggression here that you get in Australia

Also as a pedestrian - it's just wonderful to be in France - or England in comparison to Australia ----- even tassie where there's only 3 cars in the whole state - you take your life in your hands to cross the road in a country town

my only problem here in France is that I have to make sure when I stop and gawk around near the road that I'm not near a pedestrian crossing and confuse them for thinking I want to cross - because if they suspect it 1% they come to a screaming halt
    England where I was was the same - whereas in Oz - they only put the zebras on the road so the ambulance knows where to find the body

As to Melbourne - I think it will have a good future - as long as the summers don't get away too much - Tassie is all over it there of course - and, only a couple of hundred kilometres away.

Anyway - I hope Vic gets it going - it will be good if someone does it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.