The Age ran a front page story yesterday revealing the findings...

1. 6,222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 365
    The Age ran a front page story yesterday revealing the findings of two of their investigative journalists. I thought that I had my head around the general gist of the debacle....until I read that article ! All I can say is.....what an appalling example of incompetence and a total disregard for the health & welfare of all Victorians......and now Australia's general population. The decision was based on providing employment for marginalised people for god's sake......not containing what was already known to be the worst pandemic in a century !!! Unified Security.....whose licence had already expired by 19 days.....and based in SYDNEY....was appointed by a senior public 'leftie' servant who had liaised with them when working on the Brotherhood of St Lawrence program. The decision was hurriedly made over 24 hours. Unified is Australia's biggest indigenous owned security company.....also known to give marginalised people employment opportunities. Interesting to discover that the NSW Gov also used security guards...under the supervision of the ADF & NSW police !!! Not so in Victoria....hence the disaster we find ourselves in !! It goes on.....Unified didn't have enough staff to take on the Quarantine contract so they advertised in the multi media.....linked in....what's app etc....to quickly recruit the necessary staff. These 'hi viz' workers received no training at all.....were just required to arrive at the various hotels. The rest is history...hundreds of deaths, thousands Covid +.....ruined businesses & livelihoods....strained relationships....high suicide rate....dysfunctional & interrupted schooling for hundreds of thousands of children (including my grandson in his first year of school) and a whole state locked down for most of 2020. Let's not even discuss the cost in $ terms to Victoria & Australia....25 years of a good chunk of our GDP just to pay back what this is costing all of us, our children and our grandchildren ! Let's not even talk about a DEPRESSION that is now a real threat because of this debacle. To all the LEFT HEADS living in a fool's paradise.....was it worth it on this occasion to be 'INCLUSIVE' and give the marginalised people a fair go ????????? In my opinion ....no.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.