Angela Merkel retired, page-23

1. 18,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    @wbddrss I own a History book written by an Englishman, one Norman Davies, Professor of Everything, written in Oxford, called EUROPE, A HISTORY - it is a huge book, and I have not read all of it, I dip in it from time to time.
    It has one illustration which shows the map of Europe from the point of view of Asia -
    Europe is shown as a peninsula turned left-side up with Spain at the left tip then to the right on a descending plane the British Isles and the Scandinavian countries. He goes on to explain that Europe has always served as a vessel for humans to move west - produced by the huge Asian continent. Europe in essence is re-populated by the more modern humans via Asia and it continued to happen all through its history, often violently, sometimes just a slow seep of humanity into Europe. We now think that the earliest inhabitants were most likely what we now term 'Neanderthalers' whose genetic material is still present in some of us, but the newer migrants made their way from Asia into Europe.
    Some of the first settlers of Britain were Celts from Europe, but they had made their home in Europe and produced a high culture before ending up in Britain, so what you call Anglo-Celtic - is genetically closely related, because of the separateness of the 'Isles' from mainland Europe, but the original inhabitants came from Europe and Asia. incidenally my nic; "Taurisk' is the name of an ancient tribe of Celtic people who lived in the alps north of Italy and were named 'taurscii' by the Romans.
    You have forgotten about the oldest race alive today, our Aboriginal people, whose land was invaded by us - and even though I am a recent migrant, I class myself as an invade as well, I would not have come here, had I known how lowly in esteem you hold the oldest surviving race of this world.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.