SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

I think I mentioned in my first post that there seemed to be a...

1. 720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I think I mentioned in my first post that there seemed to be a group of sociopaths either out to manipulate people's buying/selling of shares through FUD or just plain ornery and perverse.

They could be referred to as the Downramping Demons.

I am naive in financial matters (which is why I don't like using WIP to value a stock).
    But it seems transparent what the dastardly demons are trying to do.

Why they do it is another question.
    Conjectures have been that they are paid by some other companies, are disgruntled ex-shareholders or employees are are just plain bad.

Then there are those who are kind of Upramping Angels.
    I've derived comfort from them and learnt some things I had no idea about.
    Which is nice if you hold and can become a bit repetitive at times.

Shorters are brave beings in some ways and seem wicked in other ways.
    But what would or should an American shorter care if they disrupt and corrupt Australian markets and companies; they just dive in like vultures where they see any weakness.

And then there are some who are like the cast in a soapie and change their tunes back and forth in a mysterious way.

Even though I have had shares in my SMSF for a long time, I am still a neophyte -
    would you believe that I have only just now started reading Rich Dad Poor Dad 20 years too late perhaps and it has given me some insight into how some people approach the world.

The rich dad, although having good ideas and much praised by the author was a bit sociopathic and even the author couldn't agree with for example his approach of getting rid of all the unions.

In fact he was a bit of a t*rd. Nevertheless he made some good points (and they were the reverse of the trolls' advice to pull your head in, sell too early and not buy at all).

The Downramping Demons seem to share many of his characteristics and some don't seem to care when others lives are damaged by their actions or their beliefs.

I don't enjoy all their smarmy, unpleasant and snide remarks (maybe it would be different if it was about people I don't like, like Donald Trump or [insert Australian politician's name]).

Personally I'm quite happy for others to do well or better than me. I'd just like to do well myself.
    Some people only seem to get their jollies when others are hurting.
    It may be a bit unrealistic in the share market where it's not always win-win for all, but that may be why I'm a mug retail punter and they are at the top of their heap.
    I politely didn't say dung-heap.
    But you'd think that the individual investor should do able to do better than instos as they are more agile in the marketplace.

The things that I did like about the book was the attitude to risk imparted by rich dad
    "the greatest reason for lack of financial success was because most people played it too safe".
    "people are so afraid of losing that they lose"
    "I've never met someone rich who has never lost money"

It's all about getting out of the rat race.

That said I have invested/gambled $100 K on SGH.
    I could have put in substantially more (nowhere near PTW) but since I am taking a risk I'm also being a bit cautious, and if I sold all my shares right now would be a bit better than even (most bought since late 2015 but sold WOR for a bit of a profit).

My SMSF is another story (bad investments included HIH, WFE, OEC and TLS but still I'm about even all up and not counting dividends).

It's all about getting out of the RatRace though isn't it?

Now to read that Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management book.
    I've downloaded the book but my brain although somewhat mathematically inclined (enough to get a couple of undergraduate degrees in Maths/Stats & Physics a long time ago) always seems to glaze over when finance comes into the picture.
    May take until 2020 to finish reading it.

Just want to be out of the Rat Race for good.

SGH $20 by 2030 with $1 dividend (and that will do me nicely, don't want to be too greedy or do we?)

* = u

Bring back FTTH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.