SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Angels and Demons and taking risks, page-66

1. 445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Brad, You are right! Sorry I jumped to conclusion based on my Understanding on Aus standard.

I found an useful site as well:http://www.rossmartin.co.uk/compani...dwill-and-the-intangibles-regime#overview-faq

And what's more interesting, tax deduction from goodwill amortisation and impairment is not allowed for companies acquired after 8 July 2015.

Now is PSD acquisition in May 2015 a coincident? Or did SGH had that all up their sleeves all along way?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they had that as a hidden reason to push for acquisition prior July, and then do the write down which means 14-15% discount in cash terms for the PSD acquisition (approx 70%impairment for good will in PSD * 20%UK tax rate), paid by the UK tax office.

Wow, another piece of the jig saw puzzle ha. This is great news cos I initially though goodwill is not tax deductible. And even greater news because SGH outsmarted the tax system and got a legitimate tax deduction, which is only limited to those who bought a business prior July 15. Talk about coincidence, or is it tax planning?

Anti SGH'ers, you can't win against this law firm, you can't!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.