CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

angola.

1. 46 Posts.
    I am a new "poster" to the forum. I do not have in depth knowledge on CVI but work in copper & diamond mining areas in West, Central & Southern Africa, including Angola.
    I am amazed that CVI claims to have Bentiaba Copper in Southern Angola - this I doubt because it belongs to a company called Grupo Kukanda and Bentiaba is a prison area and so far the only minerals in that specific area is Gypsum and not good quality either that is further south in an area called Biaba.

Kukanda have a JV agreement with a company called Jenday who is a subsidiary company of a UK company called CAMEC plc. CAMEC operates the Katanga Copper & cobalt mine in DRC.

The only copper found so far in the area is quite far south of Bentiaba called Chapeu Armado but the area is green field and requires huge investments to do a complete study apparently - I doubt in the present economic climate if Jenday/CAMEC will do so.

I am amazed that CVI gave USD 14 million to an Angolan company for a share in a diamond concession without a decent geological survey and full viability study, this is usually not required by Angolan Law. Only 3 Million needs to be invested by an investor for alluvial contract, which isnt enough usually. This doesnt sound right and who is Prensador? There is no way they will ever get the money back but that is my opinion.

I know that Cachoeiras de Binga copper was offered by the previous Minister of Mining, Min Africano, to CAMEC plc but after their study they rejected the offer stating the grades was too low.

Anyway I dont own shares in CVI so I guess I really cant comment so its just an observation for what it is worth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.