"Still four days after the event it was every man for himself...

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    "Still four days after the event it was every man for himself with no help from state Labor government".

Is that really fair? The new Premier (can't be bothered looking up how to spell her name) was up there pretty smartly, and immediately ordered the army to be brought in to help.
    A payout in cash is routine in this sort of situation. I can't think of a government that has not done it, whether flood or bushfire. If she had not offered that she would have been criticised, so she is pretty much damned if she does or doesn't.

I wouldn't have voted for her in my worst nightmare, and am hugely disappointed to have Labor back in power, but I wouldn't be criticising the Premier for any lack of judgment or behaviour in the immediate wake of the cyclone.

Yes, we can get all cynical and say facetiously that we will do as voters have done before us, and blame the new government for everything.
    Or alternatively we could try to take a more rational approach, give them a chance, see how they go and form judgment when they have actually done something other than what was completely obviously needed in the aftermath of the cyclone.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.