Angry old white Australian male and proud of it!, page-46

1. 19 Posts.
    I've never been the kind of person to protest. I don't have anything against it as a practice but I've always prioritised school, work and my family. I'm also not a big fan of large crowds, which would make it problematic.

The Greens are pretty clueless but the people attending the climate change rallies are, in general normal everyday people. Children, academics, scientists, and mums and dads.

Yes they're angry. They and their children are fighting a proven existential threat and their government is not acting to either mitigate or reduce that threat. It is as though the minority (yes a large number but still a minority) of jobs and capital held up in coal mining, etc, is more valuable than our lives, and the lives of our children. The government is saying that the cost of power, the standard of living of someone in the mining industry and the stock portfolio of someone who didn't get the memo on this issue 20 years ago is worth sacrificing everyone's right to live in the future.

That's no hyperbole. That is the decision being taken by governments right now while they continue to act contrary to the best science.

It makes me pretty angry when I realise that my children, or grandchildren will live shorter lives, in a more dangerous world so that people I don't know or care about can have jobs or investments in the very industries doing the damage. I may not protest but I can certainly understand the frustration.

Once upon a time boomers staged the largest demonstrations the country had ever seen. I guess you really just don't get mad anymore... about anything that doesn't directly effect your lives.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.