Angry old white Australian male and proud of it!, page-73

1. 4,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    No, but I have 2 teenage boys who often say "OK Boomer" knowing full well I am Gen X.
    I would like to align myself closer to John Sekta because I see how hard it is for young people to get workers rights, not like me who had a dream run in the 80's.
    Labor are a joke, they have lost their core base. They have no sense of direction and Bill Shorten is typical of the sleezy university pollies that never worked a day in his life and tried to bamboozle us with lip service but the bottom line he didn't know what he or Labor stood for.
    I see friends who amassed 5 or 6 properties on the negative gearing gifts of the last 30 years and thru gritted teeth I say good luck to them. They played a smart game and are now reaping the rewards. I am totally for negative gearing because it is a vehicle to take the burden of our tax system but it is middle class welfare and should seen as such. No problems from me when a person in the top tax bracket negative gears to avoid tax but my previous boss had amassed 13 houses thru negative gearing.
    There has to be a balance!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.