Banjar , Whilst I agree with most of what you say , I can't...

1. 2,333 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 710
    Banjar ,

Whilst I agree with most of what you say , I can't agree with your statement that no food is junk food .

EG . A scam burger has little nutritional value apart from sugar and fat and God knows what else . The cheese should be called slime and lets not start on the pickles . Most people , and especially kids , don't do physical work these days so it's hard to work that rubbish off .

These highly processed production line units ( I can't call that stuff food ) are bad for your health . The outlets are now strategically placed on roads so that people find a meal available at any time of day whilst driving . Driving is a sedentary activity that doesn't need top ups of fat and sugar .

The Govt. does a pretty good job of nannying us through life but it allows these garbage outlets to have access to our road system . That's a crime .
    Anyone lucky enough to have driven through Italy will have stopped at a fuel station on the Autostrada . They look similar to ours from the outside but the food they serve is superior to many of our Italian bistros . You want a choice of salads ? Prosciutto and melon ? A light pasta ? No worries .
    Yes , there are alternatives . In the cities , but anywhere else the usual choice is big fast fat/sugar or bain marie dim sims and stodgy fried muck . And we keep buying it and keep getting fatter .
    When I was a kid in the 60's we had a fat kid at school . One fat kid . I look around now and half the people are overweight , probably about 20% dangerously so .
    We cop it in the neck for smoking , drinking , speeding , sunning ourselves etc . but the govt. seems to care little about the most lethal epidemic of our time .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.