Another GP (Australian) on the subject of vaccinations....

1. 518 Posts.
    Another GP (Australian) on the subject of vaccinations. http://www.docmarky.com/vax/

His disclosure at the bottom of his website "My first child was vaccinated at the two-month mark, and none of my three daughters have been vaccinated since that day thirty one years ago."

"Parents make decisions for their own children every moment of every day based on their instincts honed by evolution over hundreds of millennia. Mothers especially feel concerns about the wisdom of schedules of vaccinations, and over half of Australian mothers have concerns about vaccine safety. Most of those mothers go on to vaccinate their children despite their reservations.

In my view, there are sensible arguments for and against vaccination, and these need to be discussed outside that polarised debate raging between the pro- and anti- groups.

The issues that deserve consideration include so-called "herd immunity" and social obligations surrounding vaccination, age-shifting of diseases from simple childhood illness to more serious adult illness, the whooping cough vaccine failure suggesting new vaccine-resistant strains of pertussis, and variations on the schedule of vaccines for children who have already missed some vaccinations.

I appreciate how politically charged the issue of vaccination has become, and the levels to which members of the medical and scientific community have stooped to silence voices opposing vaccination. I do not oppose vaccination. I oppose the view that there can be no argument against vaccination, and I trust the instinct of parents when they voice their concerns."
    Last edited by P$Ychic: 31/05/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.