AB1 0.00% 18.0¢ abarta resources limited

Delay to annual general meeting and financial reporting21 August...

1. 719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    Delay to annual general meeting and financial reporting21 August 2020:

Animoca Brands Corporation Limited (“the Company”) wishes to advise that its auditor Grant Thornton has informed it of delays to the completion of the 2019 annual audit process. The delays are predominantly due to the COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacting Grant Thornton’s capacity to complete its field activities in Hong Kong. As a consequence, the Company has been obliged to delay its annual general meeting of shareholders.

The Company notes the difficulties being experienced by all corporate entities and the responses of the Commonwealth of Australia in granting extensions to compliance dates for annual meetings of shareholders as well as extensions by Australian exchanges to submission dates for accounts. The Company has been in contact with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), which has provided advice to the Company on how it should proceed to fulfil its obligations to shareholders.The Company’s board of directors is frustrated by delays to the timing of its annual general meeting, as it is impacting a number of corporate initiatives.

The Company will continue to work closely with its auditor to ensure the audit is completed at the earliest possible time, and will update shareholders as soon as possible. If you have any queries in relation to this announcement, please contact [email protected]. -END

jaw777,

Thank you for the post ! The above news release looks like the most recent correspondence from the Company regarding their reporting status.
    It would certainly be reasonable to expect a more recent update on the status of auditing their financials for at least the first half of 2019!
    I am hoping we hear something soon and would encourage all investors to email the address listed at the bottom of the news release. On 12-3-20 the Company reported the closing of the QUIDD transaction, which would likely be crucial to a potential public listing that would include all of their assets. (QUIDD was mostly a stock based transaction with some cash)

What gives me a level of comfort is all the partnership agreements that been have entered into in 2020 and the acquisition of GAMEE in mostly an all stock transaction. You would hope a pretty serious level of disclosure and due diligence would be performed by both Company’s prior to closing of transactions of this size...

I will send an email requesting any kind of an update today on the current status!

all of my comments are just my opinion only
    dyodd

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AB1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.