AB1 0.00% 18.0¢ abarta resources limited

Bit of an expert from the recent interview with Alan Kohler....

1. 530 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Bit of an expert from the recent interview with Alan Kohler.

——

Q. Do you have plans to now relist on a public market and if so, would it be the ASX again or more likely to be Nasdaq or somewhere else?

I think the scale of our business, obviously the fact that we were able to raise that kind of money and in a valuation means that the business has scaled up significantly. I think anyone who’s somewhat paying attention to what’s happening with non-fungible tokens would probably realise that. The scale, size and revenue and profitability of our business is such that I think we’d probably be going onto another exchange. And frankly, also one that is at present, more friendlier towards the type of things that we’re building, which is the metaverse, which requires a deep use of blockchain technology and of course, it’s unavoidable that we are obviously going to be dealing in crypto.I think at the moment, Australia – and this is not just related to ASX – Australia doesn’t have full clarity around how it deals with this and I think there are some commentaries. I do understand that Australia and the Government is now looking at, “Oh, what should we do here?” Particularly post Coinbase listing, a lot of people are sort of looking at that and saying, “Maybe we should be sort of engaged in this new economy as well.” But there’s a little bit of catch-up going on and I think for us we would probably be not doing the right thing for our shareholders if we decided to take on the same kind of regulatory risk that we took on obviously a few years ago when we were a much smaller company, so a larger platform for us that is more mature in this space would make sense.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AB1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.