ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 9,136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18356

For the record, I suspect they are pretty confident they have an IAC resource - it is a question of extent and what proportion of the resource is ionic and what proportion is clay - there is no such thing as a 100% purely ionic resource btw is my pont. You only just have to read through the Anns. But yes they can't confirm anything until they do the METs, and based on a previous Ann suspect they will do that low cost test one is talking about here on some of the augur samples I suspect. Geologists know what they are looking at is my point.

Now the key aspects are as follows - noting ionic clays are essentially the weathering and release of REEs from a previous hard rock deposit:
    1. The extent of resource where a simple pH4 solution can be used (essentially a low cost almost salt type solution that allows capture of REEs). This is essentially what makes an ionic resource - well the cheapness in extraction methods if have enough of it.
    2. From there the extent of secondary resource where a stronger pH (meaning more acidic) solution is required (essentially adding a minor amount of acid to attain the REEs but the risk is if need too much acid results in impurities and lower REE prices been received from downstream converters - also added cost might make it unviable to extract). And that is where grade is important - where you have low grade, well you need more of the resource to be ionic with the secondary resource (i.e. I will term that as clay not going to Step 1) not requiring say too much of a difference to pH4 in simplistic terms, meaning it is almost ionic
    3. The extent of resource that has not been broken down - in simplistic terms weathering has not been complete - cannot be recovered if using an ionic process. That is won't be recovered. That is why for hard rock deposits you need a higher grade than ionic resources.

I no longer hold this stock I previously posted in but gives a flavour of a few things been debated here and types of REE deposits etc etc - Post #: 66206344

The pH scale - Energy Education

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.