HVN 0.51% $4.90 harvey norman holdings limited

The EXACT same thing happenned with me... opened the catalogue,...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,197 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The EXACT same thing happenned with me... opened the catalogue, bought the special online and then got the call two day later.

I however took the refund (which took a very long time to process)

And then by chance David Jones was selling their floor stock (much better brand) at 80% discount, so for the cost of an oven I got an oven, cooktop and rangehood.

I think the HVN online approach is a bait and switch model... which is why the old codger has no idea what the into-net is. He probably imagines that Amazon has an even bigger call centre processing the bait and switches.

Reading these comments makes me think that the majority of forum see's that HVN's model is a zero margin / treat the customer as stupid and make profit from the franchisee rentals.

Not really a retail genius.

Amazon isn't about low cost, its about making distribution chain efficiencies.

Once you make the switch to seeing those boring AMZN dandenong warehouses and fleets of trucks as a key competitive advantage (rather than the fancy HVN warehouses full of overpaid stock hands - aka retail stores), then you begin to see where amazon can win.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.