EYE 3.92% 26.5¢ nova eye medical limited

Ann: $100M Lasers & Ultrasound business sale to Lumibird Group, page-36

1. 9 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    I agree that the new company minus lasers and ultrasounds becomes risky. IMO Itrack is a technically difficult procedure to perform and time consuming for surgeons compared to competing devices. 2RT, whilst still enormous in potential is difficult to market until another trial is performed and the technology proven (3-5 years away based on the LEAD - hopefully shorter if it is discontinued due to a strong effect proven early). At this stage a new trial has not yet been listed for recruitment in the ANZ trial register.

The 2019 letter to the editor in Ophthalmology is worth a read. Titled “Warning: Do Not Treat Intermediate AMD with Laser Therapy” Philip J. Rosenfeld, MD, PhD, et al - it can be found with a web search. Rosenfeld is a US opinion leader in retinal circles and Ophthalmology the leading journal.

It strikes me that this deal overall is undervaluing the lasers and ultrasounds. If the company holds back a significant proportion of the payment from shareholders, it locks investors into an investment that has gone from stable to somewhat speculative. I would personally like to see the entire amount paid out as a special dividend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.5¢
Change
0.010(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $60.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 27.5¢ 26.0¢ $327.7K 1.234M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35096 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 22531 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.