POS 33.3% 0.4¢ poseidon nickel limited

Ann: 106% Upgrade of Nickel Reserve at Silver Swan, page-39

1. 5,054 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2251
    My pleasure, H. Glad it helps in some small way.

To clarify the Ni in pounds bit: it all depends on where you get your PON/NP info from and in what terms you want to think about the price. If it's quoted in USD/tonne (eg: direct from LME) and you're happy to think in terms of price per tonne, then there's no need for any conversion from pounds. Only need to consider the AUD:USD Fx rate, in order to relate it back to AUD/tonne.

Many punters get their (New York) cash spot Ni prices from ***** (link) which quotes in USD/lb. Much of the international community thinks in terms of USD/lb. That's when conversion from pounds to metric tonnes (2,204.63 conversion factor, or 2,204/2,205 rounded) comes into play, if you're wanting to think in terms of tonnes. Again, the AUD:USD Fx rate still needs to be considered, in order to relate price back to AUD currency terms (this time in AUD/lb.).

Personally, my quick-and-dirty default is to think in terms of price/lb. I visually check the daily spot data on *****, so all I need to do is apply the current Fx rate to convert into AUD/lb. To complicate things, however, my nightly data feed downloads directly from the LME, which is in USD/tonne, which means I also need to know the equivalent in AUD/tonne. Do it for long enough and thinking in either AUD/lb. or AUD/tonne becomes second nature in which it's not hard to flick between the two, depending on what report you're reading or how the Ni company you're analysing/researching presents their info. Becoming fluent in both will help greatly, imo, because most Ni companies report in terms of one or other or both.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by zebster: 14/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $16.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $31.24K 9.909M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
97 57933913 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 47469825 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.