DRO 4.45% $1.18 droneshield limited

I'd agree that most in the microcap shark pool get eaten up and...

1. 730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 203
    I'd agree that most in the microcap shark pool get eaten up and today's announcement does suggest that DRO is going to back up in 2024. Though I don't really get your comment about dropping the ball. I suggested many times that I could easily be caught out of the stock on a spike. That may have happened today (though this is far from certain).

You seem to view today as some kind of end point. I would view it as just another small step along the journey. The story could continue to get better or it could get worse. Your suggestion that I am out of the stock permanently may not be true. I could buy back in now and take a hit of 2c (which is much smaller than I have made from the five times I traded in and out of the stock) or I can buy back at much higher prices later on (remember I might also do better out of other stocks that I replaced DRO with). I am mostly concerned whether a stock is good value compared to the prospects of the company and whether I sold out at a lower price is irrelevant.

People here will want to project and believe that I am upset and are dancing on my grave. They are fooling themselves. I've done well out of DRO and if the road ends here so be it. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

If you want to know my true emotions - I don't really care. DRO takes up a lot of energy because it is opaque. It was an interesting challenge and I will keep watching it. Some people are assuming that DRO is on this endless upward path and this is the beginning of something huge, but no one has ever been particularly good at predicting markets. DRO has often dropped back after announcements like this. Maybe it will happen again and maybe it won't. Either way, I will watch the stock in the same way as I always have and if opportunities arise I will take them up. Selling out might still turn out profitable (I don't know).

What you are absolutely right about is that I am not a down ramper (they won't buy the stock) but I am not a half-glass empty guy either. I am cautious, analytical and dispassionate. That's why I make money in the long run and why other people trust me to invest their money. As I always said, my aim is to never be wiped out and if I can do that good things will happen. DRO has been one of those good things. It's been very profitable.

Good luck with your own investing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.18
Change
-0.055(4.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.029B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.24 $1.26 $1.17 $11.16M 9.262M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 123644 $1.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.19 87473 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.48pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.