IVZ 1.43% 6.9¢ invictus energy ltd

As an experienced petroleum/reservoir engineer, my understanding...

1. 665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 316

As an experienced petroleum/reservoir engineer, my understanding of over-pressured hydrocarbon reservoirs may be summarised as follows:

• The Lower Angwa over-pressured sands will be akin to an inflated balloon. Initially, the pressure is greater than hydrostatic pressure, but just like slowly releasing the pressure from an inflated ballon, the system will compress, and the pressure will eventually approach a hydrostatic pressure gradient. Typically, based on actual field performance data from reservoirs around the world and in the absence of appropriate IOR (improved oil/gas recovery methods) and possibly EOR (enhanced oil/condensate recovery) methods, we should expect a gradual decline in porosity and permeability from let's say 5-10 mD down to possibly 0.5 mD. Consequently, in the absence of IOR/EOR methods and innovative completion technology, the flow rates during well testing and production from over-pressured sands in the LA would typically decline quite raplidly. It is not my intention to scare off investors, on the contrary, my approach as an experienced petroleum engineer would be prove without doubt that it is possible that a commercial development can be achieved for the LA in Mukuyu. My hope is that Invictus alleviate any concerns regarding declining flow rates observed during well testing next year by presenting a convincing case for commercial development (e.g., based on numerous reservoir simulation cases) similar to the one I have described below i.e. a plan that highlight it is possible to maintain stable flow rates and enhance the recovery of both gas and condensate. For example, my hope is that Invictus will present examples of field development conceptual plans which ought to include innovative technologies that will show it is highly likely the field can be made economically viable:
    • My conceptual plans would include methods to slow down reservoir compaction in the LA over time by limiting the drawdown in each well to about 1000 - 1500 psi, for example (the drawdown should not exceed 2,000 psi if the reservoir pressure is 5000 psi for example). In addition, rather than drill many wells from surface to help control the drawdown, it would be more cost-effective to drill and complete dual-lateral wells or triple-lateral wells in the LA with all of the laterals. Limiting the drawdown and completing multi-lateral wells should be an effective means of maintaining a stable flow rate from the over-pressured LA sands and improve hydrocarbon recovery. A typical multi-lateral completion is illustrated below.
    • In order to maintain the reservoir pressure above the dew pioint pressure and therefore improve condensate recovery in the flanks of the field (Upper Angwa), gas injection wells (or possibly nitrogen injection wells, so that the gas can be sold) would be beneficial provided the economic forecasts indicate a positive net present value.

Kind regards

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5848/5848950-212ae172c17e884517acbfed9630c53a.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $97.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 6.8¢ $86.34K 1.252M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17171 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 90004 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.0¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.8¢ 7.0¢ 6.8¢ 666820
Last updated 15.26pm 16/05/2024 ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.