VTG 0.00% 8.1¢ vita group limited

Ann: 1H FY14 Results Announcement , page-3

1. 2,345 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    I'm inclined to agree JTaylor,

After having a look through the accounts, there's a bit of an explanation stating that:

Operating revenue declined in the half by 3% to $215.8m as the Group continued to refine its
    portfolio of businesses. Revenues
    grew in the areas the Group has deemed strategically important, but were offset by
    weaker revenues in non-strategic segments. The Telecommunications segment recorded a 1%
    increase in revenues on the prior corresponding period, reflecting strong growth from the business
    segment and from Telstra branded stores, offset by lower Fone Zone revenues. Computing revenues
    were down 15% overall. Whilst the contribution from older format stores was lower reflecting
    weaker like-for-like comparatives and closed stores, the Group’s new format Apple Premium
    Reseller (APR) stores delivered an 18% uplift in revenues.

Underlying EBITDA was up 18% to $12.1m in the period, reflecting growth in the Group’s strategic
    businesses - Telstra stores, the business channel and new format APR stores. The improvement in
    underlying EBITDA reflects a shift in mix toward higher margin businesses and a focus on driving
    higher rates of productivity. The Telecommunications segment delivered underlying EBITDA of
    $12.9m, 22% up on the same period last year, whilst the Computing segment made a small loss of
    $0.8m for the
    period after incurring restructuring costs of $0.4m, relating to the migration from old to new
    format stores.

I must say that I'm inclined to agree with you in some forms here that the decline in revenues is a concern, however, I hope that by taking the impairment now that they can continue to focus on their telecommunications.

I remember reading after TLS's results that they had added like another 4million subscribers. How that didn't translate to revenue growth is a bit concerning. Maybe an email or call to the company warrants some further action.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VTG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.