BIS 3.17% $2.93 bisalloy steel group limited

I believe i have a good understanding of why chairman sold...

1. 9,726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 458
    I believe i have a good understanding of why chairman sold out,ie he held bis for 20 years and he sold to turbull etc at 1.11.Mr Cave imo is not a fool and would have clearly understood bisalloys financial performance going forward.Same CFO i feel i have a good understanding of his reasons for leaving.He could not answer for CEO leaving but suggested it was on good terms as confirmed by the 3 months notice given.
    I have no idea what happened in the boardroom when the relatively longer term CEO walked in and walked out as ex CEO and went on to take legal action which is now all history.
    Just add It was suggested to me bisalloy is a good place to work with specific mention of COO.
    For me management changes are history and hopefully settled.
    Imo new new CEO sounds positive,the connection with BSL could be a positive re US.
    I liked his comments re expanding bis,which i'll throw a couple of suggestions out there because i can't help myself.
    One being BSL establishing a niche Q&t line in the US to compliment northstars offering ie wear plate,construction grade and armor plate .Not to take SSAB and thesennkrupp on directly in the US but to establish a niche US market taking into account bis already has niche business with oshkosh.
    I believe the UK could have similar potential with a UK steel producer as the UK has no q&T plant .
    And indonesia has potential imo for bis not just for its domestic market but maybe also export vehicles.

When bis surprised me with their FY21 financials ie .181 eps and a 9 cent div i suggested bis sp will hit 2.40 to by memory $3. I believe it will hit say the 2.40 sp because bis guidance for FY22 was for increased profitability over FY21 .
    So increased profitability for FY22 has to be above .181 eps.Bis reported 1H eps of .166 eps and announced its first ever interim div of 4.5 cents.
    Others can guess what 2H FY22 eps will be but it doesn't have to be much to beat FY21 eps .
    Of course the .166 cents eps was bolstered by the initial boxer order but what i feel could happen is the much larger phase 3 contract could bolster bis eps in FY23 much greater than the boxer in FY21
    I feel this will be more likely if rheinmetall wins the contract because rheinmetall already exports the lynx turrets from qld,rheinmetall already has established a 3 line production facility in qld with the 3rd line ready to produce the lynx and a victorian company has bought a press that bends the lynx hull into shape and a lynx hull will be sent to the US to build the test vehicle for the bradley replacement.I do not believe this will lead to bisalloy supplying the steel if US selects lynx for bradley replacement.
    My point ,we almost already produce the lynx in Australia ,it seems a rheinmetall order for lynx steel in FY23 would bolster bis eps in FY23 far greater than the boxer did 1H 22 which gives bis good reason/confidence to maintain or increase the final 9 cent div for FY 22 making a total of .125 cents FY 22 or higher

bis maybe feeling margin pressure,but energy australia has or is building a gas power plant in woolongong and specifically mentioned for local industry ie bsl/bis,plus there is the east coast gas pipeline,SSAB US imo would also be feeling margin pressure due to US energy prices now that the US is no longer self sufficient in energy and all would probably heard of the increases in US energy costs.

Bisalloy is still my golden goose,a concern for me has always been CJV,but bis is a customer of cjv and a shareholder so it rremains just a concern.
    land 400 phase 3 contract due to be announced shortly.
    Just add ,again should rheinmetall win phase 3 lynx contract it could open up some solid left field opportunities for bis.imo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.93
Change
0.090(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $136.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.84 $2.95 $2.73 $551.1K 193.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 3208 $2.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.93 1736 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.12pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.