MAF 0.38% $5.32 ma financial group limited

These guys are flying low but they have 40% inside ownership and...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 68 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    These guys are flying low but they have 40% inside ownership and low liquidity.... They are also 30% owned by moelis US

Nathan from Intelligent Investor on a small cap podcast recommended it, it’s to small and illiquid for public recommendation but he own shares..

He said

Moelis is essentially like a small Macquarie Group and it’s basically a home for people that have worked just slogging out the hours at UBS or the other big investment banks, who actually want to come and work for a smaller firm and actually have a lot of equity in the business. That’s the reason I haven’t recommended it, there’s a big internal shareholding from the people who work in the business and it makes it extraordinarily illiquid and just too small for us. I really love that part of it, this is people who are highly motivated, very smart, who have had experience in investment banks before, who really know what they’re done g and have great networks. People I’ve spoken to have talked about the culture in there where often you get ridiculed if you leave before midnight, so this is not a place that I have the energy to work in anymore, but they regularly work until one or two in the morning. These are people who are highly motivated and highly incentivised because of the shareholding in the business. I really like that and that’s really what’s made Macquarie succeed over the years, this is just a much smaller version.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.