LYL 0.24% $12.23 lycopodium limited

Oh I remember during the last "supercycle" - not only were...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 467
    Oh I remember during the last "supercycle" - not only were market participants seeing only blue sky, so were mining executives. They were splashing cash around like they could only see blue sky. Because that's all they could see (except for a few prudent types, like LYL and MND). That's why I personally (and many others) wouldn't touch that sector, back then, with the proverbial barge pole.

But what happened after the crash? All participants could only see doom & gloom. That's why I first bought into the sector, for the first time, in early 2016.

Now if you don't think that provides some good pointers, well you're a different kind of investor from me. And that's fine. Vive la difference!

Make no mistake, I'm a numbers based value type. I'm also an engineer. I like numbers. I also like value. But I acknowledge that value (the NPV of cash I can expect to receive, from now to eternity) is not always easy to ascertain. I suggest, a good way to get the value odds on your side, is to swing against that sentiment. And it's worked out pretty well for me - overall - if I may say.
    Last edited by MarsC: 12/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.