SYA 3.70% 2.8¢ sayona mining limited

The board have had their chance, the stock price has been on the...

1. 3,093 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1170
    The board have had their chance, the stock price has been on the decline near on a year now.

There is no way that it has been driven soley on the basis of a spot price decline. Granted diminished NPV when prices do decline but the rate of our decline has far exceeded losses in NPV.

As others have pointed out, our market cap is below book value of assets. So not only does the current market not see any future value in NAL operations, they have no confidence in Moblan or other tenements or assets.

I hope the following plays out:

1. On or around 30th Nov the board have been sent an early Christmas present for them to grab the picture of their kids from their desks and dont let the door hit them on the way out.
    2. Between now and Christmas, SYA finds some stability via shareholders voting process on new BoD.
    3. During Christmas and into the New Year, I hope the NAL team can continue to operate and continue ramp up, lower opex and hopefully move towards improved output.
    4. January onwards, we manage to secure a CEO thats impartial on PLL as a JV partner in the operation of NAL and that shareholders believe will conduct decisions for SYA at arms length from PLL and its interest.

Things are likely to play out slower than this, but fingers crossed on a board spill at this stage.

Interesting note under ASIC's regulatory guide also:

RG 76.36

Under common law, as persons in a fiduciary position, directors have duties
    not to profit from a position of trust or place themselves in a position where
    duty and interest might conflict
    . A director also has general duties under
    s180–184. A fiduciary must not, without informed consent, promote their
    personal interest where there is a real and substantial conflict between that
    personal interest and the interests of those the fiduciary is bound to protect.

Further, a fiduciary must account for a profit or benefit if it was obtained
    when such a conflict existed or by reason of the fiduciary taking advantage
    of an opportunity or knowledge derived from that position. The objective of
    these principles is to preclude fiduciaries from being swayed by
    considerations of personal interest and from actually misusing their position
    for personal advantage

Im no lawyer but to me if the BoD advice is to vote for this resultion are they not in breach of the above? Should they not be abstaining from the vote 109% sounds pretty material to me and to say you should vote for this to increase our remuneration, surely a conflict of interest.

I received the call regarding voting but didnt answer.
    Can anyone say if the caller was voting to say yes on all accounts? Because again, Brown was meant to be Abstaining from his re-election so shouldnt they be saying all accounts, but for Res 2 JB is abstaining?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.001(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $288.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.9¢ 2.7¢ $418.0K 14.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1358885 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 4538399 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.