CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 16,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8394
    @ace7979,

Responding to your question on the JAN thread, namely "Sorry for going off topic, but would you say RHC is in a similar situation since the deal fell through?", I don't believe RHC is still an obvious takeover target in its current form.

As the events of 2022 have shown, its a complex web to untangle for any would-be acquirer who is only after the best bits (those best bits being RHC Australia, RHC UK and the very significant property portfolio... besides operating hospitals, RHC is effectively also a massive land baron)

However, I do think that the approach from KKR-led consortium has placed pressure on the board to disgorge the laggard in the portfolio, namely the French business.

Générale de Santé’s (GdS) financial accounts are 100% consolidated with Ramsay Australia/UK, and because GdS's returns are inferior (low single-digit Return on Assets), c.f. RHC Australia in the high teens), so consolidating GdS reduces RHC group returns.

GdS is also more heavily geared than RHC Group (GdS is carrying A$2.5bn of debt, compared to RHC Australia/UK of A$2.3bn.), causing RHC's financial gearing to appear higher than it really is.

So divesting GdS, or a restructure of ownership would simpilfy RHC's accounts, lift its financial returns, and lower gearing.

If GdS was to be sold, then I'd say RHC was back in play.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.43
Change
-0.270(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $9.769B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.39 $42.76 $42.26 $18.50M 435.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 13691 $42.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.61 1982 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.