OJC 0.00% 17.5¢ the original juice co. ltd

Correct Gelati..Kombucha, Wellness, they will come and go after...

1. 610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Correct Gelati..
    Kombucha, Wellness, they will come and go after a short while. That said, they will add positive blips and bumps along the road, but nothing sustainable. They will all be gone in due course. History has shown this.
    FOD has evolved into an orange juice company, and a good orange juice at that. (% contribution of orange juice to total sales clearly highlights this)
    I believe they are managing the orange juice business well since purchase. There is sustainability in this juice.
    Change in management is overwhelmingly positive.
    But incentivising management with options/shares/bonuses does little other than to garner commitment of effort and thought. I am not saying that this is a bad thing at all. But it is far from the silver bullet.

The only thing that matters in the lifecycle of FOD is if MORE shoppers/consumers can be 'delighted' and continuously pull the products from the shelves in a sustainable way. This has always been my struggle with FOD. Orange Juice is the only product that steps up to this point.
    Wellness shots will not move the needle in a material way over time. (Again, short term blip maybe, yes)
    Kombucha didn't, as a case in point.

FOD never had, nor ever will, have the marketing budget to seriously be able to 'pull the products from the shelves' by the shoppers in a sustainable way.
    Said simply, FOD is 'outgunned' at the shelf and in the marketing sphere by the big boys. They didn't have the dollars to play.
    That is a major reason why major retailers never supported thorough listings in stores.
    If a new product does not have a large marketing budget, TV/social media, in-store advertising, then the retailer won't list this product.
    FOD has had major issues with Woolworths in regards to this point.

Moving forward, the only thing that will springboard the sp significantly north is a major deal/expansion into China.

All the rest is superfluous. Remember, FOD is still essentially an orange juice business with very limited resources fighting in a very competitive Australian market.

Sadly, due to a very strange management structure with supposed links to a strong supply chain structure in China, and combined with a global pandemic, this seems a long shot.

Value still remains elusive.

All IMO, of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OJC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.5¢ 17.0¢ $27.74K 160.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 54939 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 185597 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OJC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.