GPT 0.50% $4.02 gpt group

Most of the shareholders in GPT have held for a longer term...

1. 631 Posts.
    Most of the shareholders in GPT have held for a longer term [i.e. 3+ years] - and these investors will all still be in a loss making position at the moment.

The stock is back at $3.00 odd... but only after hitting investors for two capital raising pitches - 60c and 35c if I remember correctly... - anyone who was a holder and did not take advantage of the capital raising is in an even worse position..... to put it in to context, between 2000 - 2005 the stock hovered at around the current share price.

From 2005 - 2008 the stock hit the $4 - $5 range.

For those that bought in the last 3-10 years, it is at best a neutral story and likely a loss story.

The dividend yield is relevant to most holders - it is the only reason to hold the stock, along with a modest chance of capital upside - and the risk seen in this stock, where its value has see-sawed by up to 80% swings or so - is quite high. In my view the yield + upside in capital gain is not great enough to hold. THen again, confusing this - is that most of hte bad news is behind this company and it has 2-3 large holders on its registry that haveunashamedly expressed their interest in acquiring the company.

In my view, this is the most likely scenario for significant capital upside.

I fear that should the housing market or banking market turn, GPT will fall victim with it. I am looking for an opportunity to exit my considerably large holdings in this company.

Feens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.02
Change
0.020(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $7.700B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.99 $4.04 $3.98 $27.08M 6.745M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 62809 $4.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.02 101550 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.