NST 1.45% $14.73 northern star resources ltd

Don't know, I think the correlation is still there, there was...

1. 643 Posts.
    Don't know, I think the correlation is still there, there was that large dip in AUD that wasn't totally reflected, the movements still correlate though, just the magnitude has changed. There maybe was an event outside the AUD/USD/POG mechanism that was reflected more strongly in AUD.

If I look at the AUD and POG every night as I often do I can still see that pretty much AUD and POG usually still move in the same direction at the same time. But the gold market is not really a market at the moment, is very artificial without proper price discovery.

But I get the feeling the whole thing is going to break down in fits and starts, earlier just China deciding to devalue its currency a few points created immediate chaos.

Thats the point of gold and these good gold miners, there appears to be lots of global economic trouble on the horizon, but what how and the outcome is unreadable, hence gold insurance.

The SMH had a similar opinion that gold and AUD not tied, but from the chart I can still see they do move together, just that there was a large gap down in AUD not reflected in POG, fortunately (yet?)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.73
Change
0.210(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $16.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.56 $14.80 $14.54 $63.61M 4.321M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 25972 $14.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.79 3840 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.