PDN 1.00% $13.07 paladin energy ltd

How do we know CNNC is dumping Uranium so as to apply pressure...

1. 9,688 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 551
    How do we know CNNC is dumping Uranium so as to apply pressure to PDN? I can find no evidence of that. Moreover, it is a pretty silly move becuase they will get squeezed when they buy it back. I think Uranium is down somewhat because most commodities have been hit by selling, it simply moved in sympathy.
    I dont think we have learned anything new from PDN's recent announcement , that announcement was simply a legal obligation.
    If anything it confirms that PDN has got overwhelming support from its stakeholders and CNNC is going to do it tough. I have said from the beginning CNNC's strategy is a poor one with low probablity of success but high cost. Given the support, it is likely CNNC will not be successful in arbitration , all these guys would have had their lawyers pouring over this stuff before deciding what to do, the fact that they have backed in PDN suggests they see little prospect of CNNC succeeding with their option claim. It is bizarre that CNNC has not yet turned around and simply bid outright for PDN or the asset instead of playing this silly game. Given where we are in the cycle, why not buy PDN?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.07
Change
0.130(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.907B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.00 $13.11 $12.78 $30.12M 2.321M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7872 $12.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.07 8830 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.