FLN 5.26% 20.0¢ freelancer limited

> probably -5-10% tomorrow Maybe, but it might be the bad news...

1. 832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    > probably -5-10% tomorrow

Maybe, but it might be the bad news has been priced in and this isn't as bad as the market was expecting, with it already down 15c in the last fortnight. After all, there was growth in the Freelancer platform, and the hits to Escrow are unfortunate, but I can't imagine the marketplace abandoning the platform as there isn't any reasonable alternative.
    So I wouldn't be completely surprised if it opened up.

In any case, investing in Freelancer isn't a short term return, in my opinion.
    They have a business leveraged to the macro-economic trends of outsourcing, improvements in the developing world and better communications. The platform has good network effects. The business is cashflow positive, has plenty of cash and can be pivoted from growth to income when management feel it has reached its growth targets.
    For me, those targets are in the order of 10 or 20 times current revenues. I suspect Matt Barrie thinks the same given the potential 'size of market' slides.

It took a while for SEEK or REA to go from a good idea leveraged to emerging trends, but they are pretty much the only games in town now. I think it will take a while for FLN too, but then we will see a similar dominant outcome.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.