AYS 0.00% 21.0¢ amaysim australia limited

Any ideas what the $6m receivable is? Total mobile customers...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    Any ideas what the $6m receivable is?

Total mobile customers increased 10% yet mobile revenue fell by 7%. That's a helluva drop in ARPU. I think we could see this coming based on the promotional activity that's been previously highlighted.

The 6 month promos will all finish within the next month (my $24 for 6 months of UNLIMITED 2GB ends next week) so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

My gut feeling is that around March/April we'll see another round of promotions emerging, if not sooner. I'll be looking out to see how low prices go this time.

Kogan and Coles Mobile are both running great value 1 year offerings. One can argue that Kogan is a Vodafone MVNO and maybe not comparable but Coles Mobile is basically the same as Amaysim, both being Optus MVNOs.

The current Coles Mobile promo is 42GB over a year for $180, effectively 3.5GB/mo for $15.

This is both cheaper and better value than Amaysim's $20/28day plan which only offers 2.5GB.

Amaysim have always promoted themselves as pro-customer with their month-to-month plans but the industry has shifted towards one-year prepaid to try to reduce churn so it's going to be a tough period for Amaysim IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AYS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.