GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: 2018 Half Year Financial Report, page-126

1. 8,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    Maybe if we partner with Tianqi at Sal De Vida they will give us back our converter in Jiangsu. - How cool would that be?!

I have a feeling that Tianqi and SQM are in the mix.

I was never satisfied with the reasoning provided by Lithium America's and Ganfeng as to why SQM decided to pull out of Olaroz.

If it was a good enough project they would have stuck around.

Also, I have wondered about the Tinaqi/Ganfeng factor.

SQM appeared all happy and content to proceed with Olaroz then not long after Tianqi rolled their wagon into town no doubt plans for SQM to exit Olaroz commenced.

I don't believe for a moment the thought of

"Oh well, y'know the Chilean folks and Argentinian's have never got on well"

I cannot comprehend how that can be rationalised when it comes down to simple business and the eagerness for Argentina to get their lithium projects off the ground.

Sounds like BS when I hear that "not getting along story"

Also @Cadel agree on AT wanting to reward the holders. That was the impression I got listening to him. I'm thinking the idea of options would be far better than a dividend. It costs the company nothing really, brings cash in the bank down the track and is a good gesture for the patience and tough times the Galaxy holders have endured. People can either hold them or sell them off if they are on market.

Looking forward to hearing about the Mt Cattlin converter later this year/start of next. It was like AT had more to say on that point. You could hear he wanted to drop something but held himself back. At least we got the answer I have been hoping for and I'm looking forward to hearing the finer details when they turn up.

I noticed that Clarke guy... Kept on about the pricing for Galaxy in the second half based on the spot price.... I think Anthony ended up saying... "Clarke we've spoken about this" again then referring back to how Galaxy negotiates is pricing on an annual basis.

Clarke... If you're out there... Happy to chat with you anytime.

An average price of $940 is quite good plus a majority of our customers are using our product to produce lithium hydroxide.

It seems to me also that Galaxy has a close relationship with its customers. I remember hearing it mentioned once that Anthony & the company keep in very close contact with the customers despite the Mitsubishi arrangement.
    Last edited by Thesi: 30/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.