WES 2.75% $68.31 wesfarmers limited

We seem to be arguing the same point. I wrote “Wasn’t it...

1. 310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    We seem to be arguing the same point.

I wrote “Wasn’t it recently made public Apple pay no tax in Australia?
    The big end of town don’t pay much tax but is it right? thats the real question.”

You wrote “The area I’d argue that is abused is transfer pricing from companies such as Apple, foreign owned supermarkets and furniture chains etc who claim bogus royalty structures, management fees and financing hubs within thin cap rules. Transfers vast profits to low tax jurisdictions. Our big companies on the ASX don’t have the luxury of this, it’s not illegal anyway, just a moral issue that pollies haven’t addressed.”

Im not at a keyboard, using one finger typing on a smartphone means you quickly find simple quick sentences to portray complex subjects, accordingly misunderstanding can occur.

The line that we seem to disagree on the most was
    “in the age of globalisation that most companies (most that can) and high net worth individuals will simply leave Australia”
    Due to time contraints i simply took this at face value,hence my comment why would they? (leave that is).

“Maybe because liberals setup labor as they got into the next election lol. Or gdp increased further under labor due to massive government spending. Liberals spend less and government spending tends to be one of the biggest contributions to additional spending in the economy.”
    Yeah i used these same points when comparing the howard/costello yrs of surpluses to the spending of rudd!
    His answer was to simply say “howard/costello were just lucky that their term coincided with the mining boom! Besides it(the economy) was set up for them by keating. Rudds spending? merely what was necessary during the gfc,wayne swan won an award didn’t you know?” Ive paraphrased a fair bit (smartphone one finger again)
    But Aagh! Seriously Wtf!
    Turnbull vs Shorten, cmon people I agree Turnbull may not be everyone’s goods but Shorten?really how is the slimey git even talked about in the same sentence?

Ah well life rolls on

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$68.31
Change
1.830(2.75%)
Mkt cap ! $77.47B
Open High Low Value Volume
$67.00 $68.68 $66.65 $112.3M 1.652M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2161 $68.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$68.35 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$68.47
  Change
1.830 ( 2.90 %)
Open High Low Volume
$66.81 $68.68 $66.72 339467
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.