NAB 0.11% $36.86 national australia bank limited

Fair enough commentary. Be interesting over the next week to see...

1. 13,873 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2357
    Fair enough commentary. Be interesting over the next week to see if NAB's bounce yesterday was over cooked of whether we will see the SP continue to edge up a bit more towards the ex-div date.

I think you may be right about the SP settling after that. Maybe $28 given the still unsettled environment.

Note that the DOW is currently up 240 points on the back of China and the US agreeing to wind back tariffs - always a good thing for the ASX when there is a bit of good news from overseas. If this continues then it may shore up the SP for banks in general.

Still think we could have another interest rate cut - though that is not certain and it would be the last one. That will work against bank profitability further. Though I do suspect we've seen the worst.

Your view on MLC is of interest. Perhaps this could be the reason it has been delayed - or at least NAB was waiting to get the best chance of a good offer. Maybe the less than perfect result will accelerate the efforts to off-load MLC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$36.86
Change
-0.040(0.11%)
Mkt cap ! $113.8B
Open High Low Value Volume
$36.84 $37.00 $36.74 $48.47M 1.316M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 763 $36.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$36.87 1484 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.