FLN 0.00% 18.5¢ freelancer limited

2.8% growth per year, average, from 2016 to 2020. Scratching my...

1. 506 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    2.8% growth per year, average, from 2016 to 2020. Scratching my head at the responses to this one, as well as the SP bump. Day traders having a bit of a laugh? People relieved it didn't go down?

OK growth for Escrow (about 10% y/o/y). Still, it's a 22-year-old business that hasn't made a profit for FLN since they acquired it. Apparently this growth level is an IPO in waiting.

Marketplace segment revenue is up by 0.15% (all the growth was in Escrow), from 50,446 to 50,526. Meanwhile FVRR and UPWK well into double digit growth for the same period. So, in a year that was supposedly good for freelancing, according to endless proclamations from MB, FLN' s market place is now aspiring to single-digit growth. As always, there's some complicated reason for lousy overall revenue growth and a gazillion carefully micro measurements of things going up, not the mention the usual "we added up the number of times people, real or imaginary, created user accounts or jobs on our site".

FLN's balance sheet continues to hold $20M of "goodwill" and $5M of domain names, as if FLN's domain names would be of enormous importance to some other company. Apparently this mysterious goodwill is tested for impairment yearly ("nothing yet, boss").

Also interesting: FLN's total loss for the year narrowing from $1463K to $966K, while disclosing that Startcon was a $600K boost to EBITDA. So COVID's most positive effect on FLN is forcing the cancellation of a MB vanity project. Maybe they could kill off Warrior Forum and Freightlancer next?

FLN needs big moves and soon. A big investment from SEEK? Sweep out the random projects, clean out middle management, do a cap raise and hire some actually good people?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $83.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 18.5¢ 18.5¢ $1.619K 8.753K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 69049 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 16000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.