EMN 0.00% 6.9¢ euro manganese inc

Ann: 2021 21 EMN appoints Dr. Matthew James as CEO Dec. 20 2021, page-19

1. 12,100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1758
    "brown coal"
    Surely you have to be joking? You're 100% WRONG.
    Your post is so funny that I can't stop laughing.

Unfortunately you don't have a clue about the commercial operation of power intensive companies. In the future the cost of power and its supply will be an important investment making decision.
    Yes, I do hold Australia's most environmentally aware iron ore miner Grange GRR the only high grade pellet producer in Australia, using Tassie hydro power and will be testing hydrogen next year. Already starting to test 4 x EV trucks in their Tasmanian mine.
    The smelting company OMH that I invest in, its based in Sarawak Malaysia which uses 100% hydro power on a 20 year power contract at US$0.034/kWh, so yes I do know a lot about power costs and please note that OM Holdings is the most environmentally friendly smelter in the world. Although really NO smelter is 100% environmentally friendly but this company leads the world.

ferncol, I do give you applause that you're smart enough to look at who is posting with alternate views to yours. While you're at it, check up on my posts on IOR, NSL, GMC,AUZ plus a few others where I advised shareholders to be careful, all ended up in administration or had huge consolidation.

EMN does have a resource that is worthy due to it using old tailing dumps of manganese, and may produce a worthy enironmentally friendly product. This isn't my concern, its the cost 0f producing the product using expensive power in Europe.

Soaring energy prices have sent shivers through global markets.
    " Power shortages in Europe and record high electricity prices could lead to output cuts of key materials such as silicon used to make solar panels, aluminium alloys for the auto industry and semiconductors.
    CRU analyst Jorn de Linde estimates Europe accounts for 13%-15% of global silicon production, or about 3 million tonnes. The power crunch may also trigger cuts in production of ferro alloys such as those made with magnesium, chromium and silicon.

Non-ferrous metals industry association Eurometaux told the European Commission last month that soaring power prices could lead to metal producers moving operations away from Europe and undermine EU carbon-cutting plans.

Sadly, the outlook for the future is very poor and ultimately our production could be replaced by Chinese output."

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...pes-silicon-ferro-alloy-producers-2021-10-07/
    Last edited by rocket973: 22/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.04M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 6.9¢ $2.786K 39.91K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 918 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.3¢ 300670 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.38pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.