KCN 2.25% $1.59 kingsgate consolidated limited.

I love the front cover, that’s an awesome picture. There’s a lot...

1. 2,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 934
    I love the front cover, that’s an awesome picture. There’s a lot of good information in there, a lot of which we’ve already seen but it brings it all together to show a positive future for the company, like Ross says “…a new golden era”. You can see all the outstanding SPLAs and MLAs on pages 10-12, which I think we can safely assume are all on the negotiating table.

I’ll be honest and say that I was initially a bit frustrated (not surprised based on last year) when I first read the Chairman’s report. It’s not about whether I agree or disagree with some of the statements. It’s more about my concern that some of the views expressed will deter new shareholders, institutions etc. The more I thought about it though, the more it made me question whether I’d feel the same if the contrary views were expressed. And the answer is probably not because that’s status quo thinking, so in my opinion it’s less likely to deter any potential investor. And that’s probably Ross’ point about the way society is heading, groupthink and all that with his 1984 reference, which is valid and something we should definitely be wary of. I might have a different view about whether it’s better for a company to stay neutral or quiet on these things so not to offend but it doesn’t mean my view is right or better than someone else’s like Ross who wants to speak up at risk of offending. That's who he is. All that matters for a board in the end is it keeps delivering for the company, words and actions and my personal opinion of those things are irrelevant, it’s all about their fiduciary duty to deliver for shareholders (to Ross’ point again). That’s the only yardstick we should use for boards, and to me, having bought my first parcel at 25c they’ve delivered in spades (and just look at some of the examples of achievements @Oldfolk gave).
    Last edited by densamer: 09/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.59
Change
0.035(2.25%)
Mkt cap ! $409.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.57 $1.60 $1.56 $307.9K 196.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1980 $1.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.59 14483 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.58
  Change
0.035 ( 1.47 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.57 $1.59 $1.56 20955
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.