IBG 0.00% 0.4¢ ironbark zinc ltd

Can you explain to us how investing $654m into a project that...

1. 111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    Can you explain to us how investing $654m into a project that will return $1.4billion in free cash flow over 20 years, which equates to $363m in present value (i.e. value today) discounted at 8% is a bad investment?

Or, if you want to put it in different terms, are there really a multitude of other investments available to an investor where they can earn above 15.2% per annum (which is the project IRR) on $654m over 20 years? Especially in the low interest rate environment that were in now?! Historically, even the XJO index "only" returns 6.6% per annum.

Obviously there will be dilution in the event of a equity raise to finance some of the $654m required, however, my bet is that today's shareholders are still holding on to value worth multiples more than the paltry US$20m market cap, especially once debt financing from EXIM bank is approved (which represents 1/3 of the Capex required). We can also be sure that IBG will be looking for other financing options to make up the shortfall as outlined in the BFS announcement.

Note that I have no expectation for you to provide an intelligent answer to either of my above questions, because I believe you don't understand what NPV or IRR even mean. Guess you will just have to stick to your investment thesis and I'll stick to mine

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.375M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $28 7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 3325500 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6054982 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.46am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IBG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.