NAN 0.36% $2.75 nanosonics limited

pure speculation....There was quite a bit of detail provided on...

1. 59 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    pure speculation....

There was quite a bit of detail provided on the new product "Coris" for various endoscopes. one full page of a 9 page financial results summary and 5 pages of the investor presentation. (i haven't read the annual report). This makes me speculate / wonder if ...

they have overcome the most difficult / intractable or 'big problems' from a technical perspective and now are dealing with or solving the 'small problems' before getting ready for regulatory approval.

[I wonder if the big problems were not just around the complexity of a moving/flexible object as well as internal and external surfaces (could be wrong on that last point) but also the fact there are simply so many different types / shapes of endoscopes.]

does any one know how long trophon took to gain regulatory approval - or medical equipment in general?

another positive ...

the fact that it has taken so long (and continues to consume time and effort and expense) to solve this complex problem (HLD of endoscopes) is in fact a positive... it is a barrier to entry and the solution will probably be quite novel (as suggested in the materials published today) creating some nice IP.

a potential negative ...
    i hope this doesn't come across as racist ... 'but' ...

entry into china is a bit of a worry for me. from personal and anecdotal experience of friends (including chinese)... theft of IP is real. If NAN enter the market someone they hire will eventually reverse engineer a copy to sell locally.

so, does anyone know if china is protecting foreign IP more vigorously compared to the past (my experiences / knowledge is 10 years old) to quash my concerns?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.75
Change
-0.010(0.36%)
Mkt cap ! $833.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.73 $2.76 $2.71 $1.479M 541.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2044 $2.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.76 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.76
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.72 $2.76 $2.71 172952
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
NAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.