SGR 1.53% 48.3¢ the star entertainment group limited

Fair enough there are two sides to every trade. My feeling is...

1. 530 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    Fair enough there are two sides to every trade. My feeling is that this company has hard assets that can't be easily replicated, as opposed to Lehman Brothers which relied on financial instruments often leveraged 100 times over. Banking securities to me are incredibly complex and opaque. Though again I know plenty of retail investors in Australian banks who remain blissfully unaware of their true risk profile and have made buckets of money investing in them over the last 30 years.

No doubt if SGR got to $0.40 there would be some serious deterioration in the underlying debt instruments along with severe downward pressure on the carrying value of properties. So I wasn't trying to be flippant about the remortgaging comment, rather with the current information available anything under $2 would be an incredible price for SGR.

Finally my feeling is that this is one of about 10% of companies listed on the ASX that would be very attractive to PE buyers. One only has to look at SYD, RHC and CWN for similar examples of successful or attempted PE purchases in recent history. Though short term this could have further to fall yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.3¢
Change
-0.008(1.53%)
Mkt cap ! $1.384B
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 48.8¢ 48.0¢ $2.173M 4.446M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 1217566 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.5¢ 135605 43
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.31pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.