NTD 0.00% 45.0¢ ntaw holdings limited

Ann: 2022 Annual General Meeting, page-11

1. 10,684 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1404
    The hypothesis that Australians may be driving less due to a combination of work from home, paranoia about COVID-19 accentuated by government overreach and higher petrol prices is arguable, but I can't help thinking that on balance this misfortune below as detailed by 'SMH' in Sydney is on balance a slight net positive or better for tyre importers, wholesalers and retailers such as NTD:

"Almost 10,000 drivers across NSW have found themselves stranded with a damaged wheel or tyre this month after widespread rain caused more than $1.5 billion worth of damage to roads.

Canterbury Bankstown roads have triggered 468 calls to the NRMA for tyre or wheel damage — the most in Sydney during July. Central Coast roads were the worst performers in the state, triggering 589 calls for assistance. Central Coast Council said it had repaired 54,000 potholes on its roads since March.

Potholes are causing significant damage to cars across the state.

Potholes are causing significant damage to cars across the state.Credit:Peter Rae

Potholes are a key cause of wheel and tyre damage. Between March and the end of June, Transport for NSW repaired 65,000 potholes on state-managed roads in regional NSW and 10,000 in Greater Sydney. That is on top of the potholes repaired by councils on their own road networks. Metropolitan Roads Minister Natalie Ward said each wet weather event was worsening the damage and making it harder for crews to get out and repair the roads.

The number of potholes in regional NSW has increased by 74 per cent compared to last year, prompting renewed calls for the state government to ease the burden on local councils and take on a greater share of the road maintenance bill.

“You just have to drive along any street at the moment and there are potholes everywhere,” Local Government NSW president Darriea Turley said. “The extreme weather means roads and road maintenance has become the biggest single item in council budgets..."

Those who drive - I choose not to, as I vastly prefer mass transit - may wish to inform us of their thoughts.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 22/07/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $60.36M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 45.0¢ 45.0¢ $2.25K 5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11200 44.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 17508 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.