WAF 0.00% $1.61 west african resources limited

In reply to Frankg above; for some reason it wouldn't let me tag...

1. 312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    In reply to Frankg above; for some reason it wouldn't let me tag him in the reply

Hi mate, please point out where I said bad ..... simply said I was never a fan and still am not for the following reasons (but that's not to say its a downright bad project!);
    (1) low grade at 1 g/t, do you actually comprehend what 1 g/t entails, let me spell it out, 1 gram of gold is currently worth approx $A94 .... that means for every 2 tonne of dirt mined/ moved (noting 1:1 strip ration as you need to move a tonne of waste to access a tonne of ore) you have revenue of circa $A94 and then you have the cost of putting every second tonne (the ore tonnes) through the plant. If this project was in a higher cost country like Australia it probably wouldn't even be feasible at 1 g/t. Additionally there are 2 additional risks more inherent with a low grade mine that can easily make a currently feasible mine unfeasible quite quickly as usually a low grade mine has a low profit margin per unit as such; Rising costs or lower prices achieved can easily sink a low grade mine; Here we have rising costs but luckily we also currently have rising prices. So yes I'd prefer a higher grade mine.

(2) Political or country risk, having been on the receiving end in the past of country risk in a bad way where a mine was shut down by a country (KCN) I would have much preferred them to have diversified that risk and had their second mine in another jurisdiction. I do understand that they are experienced operators in BF which would add significant advantages (PRO's) also but never the less personally I would have preferred to spread that risk.

So there's my 2 major reservations about the project, hardly think they are absurd comments to contribute to a balanced discussion, and for the record WAF are actually my largest holding in my portfolio (unfortunately so far) but would hardly mean I don't have faith in the management or their projects. Absurd would be investing without being readily able to identify or being blind to the above risks. Regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.61
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.654B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.63 $1.64 $1.59 $3.399M 2.113M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5508 $1.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.61 126757 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.